Open Heart Kitchen is Hiring a Part-Time Site Supervisor
Site Supervisor Position
This position is responsible for over-seeing the operation of Open Heart Kitchen’s meal service at specific serving locations.
10-15 hours/week: Tues 9-4; Fri 10-1; Will increase in hours to include weekends later this year
The Site Supervisor works with the volunteers on site to produce and deliver a nutritious meal to our diners following an established menu. The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the site runs efficiently, with particular attention to cleanliness and ability to multi-task.
- Use kitchen equipment and prepare meals. Provide hands-on assistance in the meal prep/delivery of OHK meal program.
- Sort food donations.
- Maintain OHK’s kitchen, pantry, and capital equipment at serving site(s)
- Supervise and train volunteers. Provide on-site training to volunteers in duties that are carried out at the sites(s) – opening, meal preparation and serving, clean up, and closing.
- Drive meals to various meal site locations.
- Pick up food donations from local donors.
- Current valid California Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Frequent bending, standing, stooping, reaching, twisting, talking and hearing.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred candidates will have one year of food service experience. Candidates will be asked to complete successfully an OHK-approved credited sanitation course and maintain certification within 30 days of hire date.